CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Common Core Help

Common core, common core, common core!!! I don't know how it is for all of you, but that's all I've been hearing about for the last couple months. I'm excited that most everyone will be on the same page.......It's always hard getting that student from another state! I'm not excited about all the extra work I'm doing for it though. I'm in the process of changing all of my plans and lessons so that I can make sure I'm meeting all those common core standards. I feel that's all I think about and search for anymore!!! For those of you that feel the same way I thought I would share some great finds that are helping me along the way. :)

First, let me begin by telling you that I have a common core pinterest page where most of this stuff can be found! Click here to check it out. I have pinned many assessments, activities, and much more from blogs out there.

I have also included the common core app widget on the side bar to the right. Open it to find the standards for all grades and subjects. If you would like to get the common core app for on the go access click here.

Two new and useful blog sites...
These sites are meant for k-12 teachers who will be implementing the National Common Core State Standards. You can search for your grade and then the specific standard you are looking for. Some items are free and some cost money (however it goes to fellow teachers so that makes it worth it). It is constantly being updated with new lessons so you should check it often!!!


If your like me and you love technology...here is a great new online practice platform for elementary grades. Best part is...it's 100% common core aligned and if that wasn't enough...it's free for teachers!!! Scootpad generates continuously personalized practices for each student with no intervention from the teacher. There is a downside to it though :( As of right now it's only for grades 1, 2, and 3. However, they are working hard to get grades K, 4, and 5 up by August.

Our schools Math Coach has always been a big advocate for CPALMS. This site has amazing resources for teachers in both math and ELA subject areas including lesson plans, assessments, games, and more. They are currently converting everything over  to CCSS.

I hope these will help you feel better about all this common core talk! If I find anymore resources I'll add them to this post and my pinterest board too of course. :)


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Scootpad looks great! I hope K is ready by August! Thanks for sharing your resources. Change isn't always easy. I'm a new follower.

    Lindsey
    Lovin’ Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just gave you A Lovely Blog Award. Drop by and check it out.

    Sharon
    Dogdaysofkindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather-
    It's Shannon. Do you remember we were looking at blogs and ideas at our friends house? Well, I'm trying to find a activity we saw and can't find it. Maybe you will remember it. It was a geography bb idea. The students colored and cut out circles in different sizes representing Earth, continent, country, state, city, etc.... and their picture was on it. Do you recall? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it comes to roofing Indianapolis IN residents want their roofers to be able to do more than just roof installation. It can be tricky finding a company that handles roof repairs, maintenance, installing gutters, and siding. If you want a company that can do all of these things, then you have come to the right place. We are the roofing contractors Indianapolis always needed!




    Address: 809 Lionshead Ln, Greenwood, IN, 46143

    Phone: (317) 751-7125

    business email: newroofmadeeasy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete